This or That Book Tag!
I saw this tag and decided to do it. I wasn’t tagged or anything, but it looked really fun!
- Mention the creator of the tag (Ayunda @ Tea and Paperbacks).
- Thank the blogger who tagged you! I wasn’t tagged but I saw this on The Chronicles of Danielle‘s blog and decided to give it a go!
- Choose one of the options, you don’t have to tell the reasons why you chose that but you can also do them if you want to.
- Tag some people to do this tag to spread the love!
- Reading on the couch or on the bed?
I love reading in bed because it’s warm and comfy. But I also enjoy the couch every now and then (I tend to fall asleep in bed …..)
- Male main character or female character?
I’m not going to lie, I can’t stand male protags. I can’t connect to them at all. I’ve tried but idk what it is. Of course, it’s not every book – I love Percy Jackson and I Am Number Four, but I generally only read female MC books. If I’m given a choice between two books, one with a male protag and one a female, I’ll definitely pick the female one without even reading the blurb.
- Sweet snacks or salty snacks when reading?
I’m a mood eater, but generally I prefer salty/savory foods.
- Trilogies or quartets?
I always thought “the longer the better”, but recently I’ve come to realise that they tend to go downhill after book three. That or I forget about them when they’re actually published. (because it takes a really long time, you know?)
- First person point of view or third person point of view?
Well, third gives you more insight to the other characters and opens up more for plot development – and less “boring bits”. But I love the one on one feeling that first person narrative offers. That, and I can connect to the character better, in a more personal way.
- Reading at night or in the morning?
Definitely night. I have too much to do in the morning (mostly involving sleep and school).
- 7. Libraries or bookstores?
I prefer bookstores because I don’t like the musty smell of libraries??? Idk if anyone else feels the same but the smell of old books is really unappealing to me. (this includes second hand bookstores too tho). I love the smell and look of new books.
- Books that make you laugh or make you cry?
Well it depends on my mood. Books that make me cry are probably relating to contemp and I hate that genre. But if it’s something fantasy, say if Percy Jackson died then I’ll definitely prefer the sad one. I mean, I go out of my way to watch my fav character die in my fav tv show because it makes me feel something.
- Black book covers or white book covers?
I feel like this question neglects all the pretty orange and red coloured books out there. I like white books but they don’t come out well in photography (they’re too bright, y’know?)
- Character driven or plot driven stories?
I prefer plot driven stories, but if the character is someone I can connect to and like a lot then I don’t mind a few character driven ones. But that’s not very often.
So I wasn’t tagged to do this, but if anyone decides that they want to, I’m not stopping you! Have fun posting!!